Static and Dynamic Websites
Websites are the new face of companies, before buying your products or services people will look for you on the internet, and therefore a well-maintained website can work as a trust builder among your consumers, thus creating a website for business growth is an essential part of marketing now.“Developing a website means developing an internet face for your company”
Broadly there are two types of websites Static and Dynamic and if you are confused about choosing the type of website, you should develop for your business, So this blog is for you. Today we are going to tell you the differences between static websites and Dynamic websites.
New before we dig deeper into finding the difference between them, let us know what are Static and Dynamic websites?
In easy words, Static websites contain a fixed number of pages, and the format of a webpage means whenever a visitor clicks on a static website so he will see the same information again and again. A static website can be highly designed with multimedia like photos and videos but all these multimedia will remain the same unless someone changes them manually.
Pros of Static Website
- Static websites are easy to develop because here developer did not need to make a very heavy website that can change according to the user’s database or other factors.
- As we know that static sites are easy to develop, thus it is affordable because you don’t need to have very high professionals for creating and developing your website.
- If you have a small business Static website is perfect for you because it is easy to handle and affordable.
Cons of Static Website
- If you want to change anything on your website so you have to do it manually or you have to wait for the developer to do it.
- One of the major cons of a Static website is that it comes with limited functionality.
- If you have a big business website that needs everyday updates so Static website is not an option for you.
In simple words, in a Dynamic website, the content can be changed dynamically. A dynamic website is a webpage that displays different types of content whenever a viewer clicks in. The content of the page changes depending on various factors like viewers’ location, time of day, search pattern and history, etc.
Pros of Dynamic Website
- Dynamic websites are more attractive than Static websites because the user finds something new whenever he/she clicks in.
- For big firms, it is a perfect choice because restructuring a Dynamic website according to present needs is much easier.
- It can update itself according to the user’s database and needs.
Cons of Dynamic Websites
- Dynamic websites perform various functions thus they take more time and resources to build.
- They need good capital to develop. Dynamic websites are not a good choice for small businesses.
Differences Between Static and Dynamic Websites
Now after knowing Static and Dynamic websites let us know what are the major differences between them :
As we already know that the content on a static website remains the same and whenever a user clicks in so he finds the same information, again and again, it happens because the content of the static webpage is pre-written, and therefore static websites require less server power, plus there is no database or client-server to run through thus the loading speed of a static website is faster. while on the other hand if we talk about the dynamic website so whenever a viewer clicks on a dynamic website so he finds something new every time and the content depends upon his location, search history, etc thus the website has to run through its database and client-server thus dynamic websites take extra time to load.
Now if we look from the perspective of user experience so there is no doubt that dynamic websites provide better user experience and it is because of their changing content. When a user clicks on your website so he wants to find something new every time. He wants to get new information, new images, new videos, etc and on a dynamic website, the user gets it while on the static website he gets all the same information again and again thus once after seeing your website or after gaining the needed knowledge he won’t come back.
One of the biggest examples of a dynamic website is Instagram where most people stay hooked most of the time because whenever they open it up, they find something new. Netflix and Hotstar are some other examples of Dynamic websites.
Now if we talk about the management of both the websites, So yes developing a static website is easy, it needs fewer resources to form but it is hard to maintain them because at a static website you need to modify everything by yourself while on the other side it is tough to create a dynamic website because it requires a lot of resources but it is easy to make changes on them. Thus managing a dynamic website to easier than managing a static website.
If we talk about the security of both websites so static websites are more secure than dynamic websites and are because static websites don’t connect with any database or use external extensions and plugins and these are the common entry points for attracting. While a dynamic website working effectively uses databases as well as extensions and plugins thus it can be attacked easily.
Websites are an essential part of influencing customers to your company and if you want to develop a website for your firm and are confused about which one to choose so read the Blog carefully and develop a website according to your budget, firm size, and need.